Friday, May 15, 2009

TFS Disaster Resolved

Okay, so today the TFS was finally installed. Unfortunately, I cannot tell for sure what the exact thing that fixed it was, because we changed more than one thing. Firstly, the reporting services were uninstalled completely from the data tier. Secondly, we found some information on slipstreaming the SP1 for TFS 2008 and applied it to the installation package.

Creating a TFS 2008 with SP1 Slipstreamed ISO image

And lastly, we ran the installation from the beginning ... again. I personally think that removing the reporting services from the data tier did it. We'll need to have reporting services on the data tier later, we'll see if installing them back will break TFS or not. But for now, this weight is off my shoulders.

by . Also posted on my website

No comments: