Thursday, May 14, 2009

Small Thing Learned Today

(No, I didn't forget my blog. It's just that not much exciting have been happening to me in regards to development)

Visual Studio 2008 does not show Solution view when there is only one project in the Solution by default. I personally find this feature very annoying. Today I was going through one example from a book, and it involved creating a solution and adding a couple different projects to it. So I created the solution, added a new project to it, did whatever was required and came to the step where I had to add a second project to the solution. And here I am, completely puzzled - not only I don't see the solution in the Solution Explorer, but there is no menu which would 'intuitively' point me to the way to add a second project.

The fix was easy to find, but still - what's the point of having 'solutions' if you're hiding them from the users by default?

Visual Studio 2008 does not show Solution view when there is only one project in the Solution (by default)

The solution is to go to Tools>Options>Projects and Solutions and check "Always Show Solution" (which is unchecked by default).

by . Also posted on my website

No comments: